1986-1993 Ford Mustang 5.0L Entry Level Supercharger Kit 6-PSI w/V-3 SCi
No POWER ADDER company produces more products for the ’86 – ’93 Fox Body Mustang than Vortech. For more than 20 years, we have demonstrated our product leadership with our wide range of super-efficient centrifugal superchargers. From complete, 50-state emissions-legal, 6-psi starter systems to full-blown (literally) 2000+ horsepower V-20 series superchargers, Vortech has you covered.
Our Mustang system features our ultra-efficient V3 compressor. Continual development in our test lab resulted in the Si model, which achieves a peak adiabatic efficiency of 78% [SAE J1723 standard]. The “i” stands for improved and with its new, patented oil control system and state of the art centrifugal compressor stage this V-3 Si literally blows away the competition. High efficiency means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability. All V-3 series superchargers have a self-contained lubrication system that makes installation fast and easy. The entry-level system uses the lower boost V-3 SCi.
For the Fox body Mustangs, Vortech uses an air/water charge cooler system to minimize pressure loss. Unlike the air/air systems for this application, that send charge air on a long trip through several bends plus a long cooler core, the charge air does not travel any further than the non-cooled version, so there is virtually no boost loss. Charge cooling means cooler, denser air that yields more power and reduces the detonation threshold while allowing higher boost options.
Vortech offers a bargain priced entry-level supercharger systems that allow you to build and improve as your budget allows. Upgrades can be matched to meet your end goal whether street scene or all out racer.
Upgrades, Accessories and Spare Parts
- Battery relocation kit: 8N150-010. All charge-cooled systems for the ’86-’93 Mustang require the battery relocation kit (sold separately).
- Race Equipment
- Supercharger Compressor Upgrades
- Supercharger Pulleys, 8 rib pulley sets, 10 rib pulley sets and Cog drive pulleys (see Pulleys and Belts)
- Fuel rails, pumps and system upgrades
- Fuel Management Units, and Super FMU
- Boost Timing Master
- Voltage Booster for fuel pump
- Bypass and dump valves
- Charge Cooler systems
- Supercharger oil cooler
- Hardware kit: 4FA100-001 includes replacement bolts and other hardware for supercharger mounting.
Vortech’s Fox Body Mustang Systems are available as either a complete, fully calibrated bolt on, or as tuner kits for custom installations at 2000+HP. We offer several Superchargers to choose from for your Tuner or Renegade Racer system. See the supercharger page or call the Vortech tech line for assistance. The engine oil lubricated V-2 supercharger is the preferred unit for sustained boost such as circuit road racing; also, a dedicated oil cooler and/or filter can be fitted.
Vortech supercharger systems are a great value. Dollar for dollar, Vortech systems deliver more horsepower than virtually any other method of upgrade. Also, driven normally, gas mileage often increases rather than decrease.
5-6 PSI Entry-Level Systems
The entry level 5-6 PSI, V-3 SCi model is perfect for the budget minded enthusiast. The system can be upgraded later to higher output systems.
V-3 Systems: No Oil Lines Necessary
Systems that include the V-3 internally lubricated supercharger do not require a connection between the oil pan and gearcase (V-1 and V-2 systems are engine oil fed and require oil lines).
System Components and Features
- Technologically advanced, high-efficiency impeller and housing design developed in our SAE J1723 compliant supercharger test cell.
- Complete systems include a fuel management upgrade with a high-flow fuel pump (except entry-level) and fuel management unit (FMU).
- Cast aluminum supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idler, drive belt and all hardware.
- Inlet and discharge duct connections utilize heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps.
- High-flow bypass valve provides for surge-free compressor operation (except entry-level).
- Complete bolt-on system including all necessary belts, pulleys and reusable high-flow air filter.
50-State Smog Legal
Complete systems are smog legal per California Air Resources Board (CARB).
CARB Executive Order # D-213-17
3-Year Supercharger Limited Warranty
Available with V-3 superchargers (if purchased as part of a complete street-legal system) for an additional $50.00. Note: Tuner kits are only eligible for a 1-Year Warranty.
1-Year Supercharger Limited Warranty