The fourth lobe and added twist, when combined with redesigned air inlet and outlet ports, creates a smoother, more efficient flow of air into the engine. In addition to improved overall efficiency, the twin vortices Eaton Twin Vortices Series superchargers have improved noise and vibration characteristics as well.
As a result of these design changes engine manufacturers can use a smaller Eaton Twin Vortices Series supercharger to create the desired amount of boost. This provides under hood packaging advantages as well as weight savings.
MagnaCharger MP1900 TVS
The MagnaCharger Model MP1900 TVS 6th Generation is a “State of the Art” supercharger. It was designed as a compact, flexible supercharger for increased power with original equipment quietness and reliability without adversely affecting fuel economy. The MP1900 TVS 6th Generation has proven itself in a number of original equipment and aftermarket applications on a variety of engine sizes. This version has taken this versatility to the next level with new 4-lobe, high helix rotor design and a built in bypass for unparalleled performance.
- Most installations see a realistic 40% plus increase in power output.
- Magnuson Superchargers will work effectively in any orientation (flat, upside down, on edge).
- Different length drives are available, giving the custom installer flexibility in the placement of the supercharger.
- Magnuson 6th generation superchargers have internal bypass valves. The bypass actuator can be located in any of 8 possible locations (4 on each side of the supercharger).
- Two-piece and different one-piece drives are available, as are pulleys with variable offset giving a wide range of possible drive lengths. Two-piece extension drives available in 1″ increments. Drive pulley offset design offers further options.
As you can see these new generations of Hybrid Roots type superchargers are becoming far more efficient than the older Roots type blowers.